Gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free, and packed full of awesome.
These are one of my fav go-tos when I want to bake something for someone. They are quick, easy, and so delicious. These cookies are not filled with any refined crap and somehow still manage to beat pretty much every cookie I have ever tried for flavour and texture.
This recipe makes about twelve cookies.
4 cups of almond meal
3 T coconut oil
1 T coconut nectar (sub with honey, coconut sugar or maple syrup)
1 T almond milk
1 T almond butter
½ cup chopped dates
¾ block dark chocolate
1 t baking powder
Few chunks of Himalayan rock salt for the top
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add the coconut oil, almond milk, and coconut nectar and mix well.
4. Add the egg, but ensure the coconut oil in the mixture is not hot as this will cook the egg.
5. Add the chopped dates and dark choc bits and combine loosely with your hands.
6. Grab a small handful of the mixture, roll into a ball, and then press onto a tray that has been laid with baking paper. (If you are using a cookie cutter, then cut the shape out on a bread board and then transfer it to the tray).
7. If you want, push a few pieces of rock salt into each cookie (this is the finishing touch).
8. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes. The cookies should only JUST brown.
9. Leave to cool for a moment or you will burn the hell out of your mouth from the hot chocolate pieces.
These should keep for a couple of days, if they last that long!